Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fan fic i found.. ''Qing Tian''



Foreword

The typical story with a pair of star crossed lovers. No, this story may seem common, but to understand the meaning, you must understand love.

My name is Lei Ling, 21 years old. Six years ago, I was the quiet typical student. I had everything materialistic; my parents weren’t poor. I was the richest student in my private boarding school. It was an all female institution as my parents didn’t want me to get mixed in with males. No dating, no love; I must concentrate on my studies.

At fifteen years old, I felt nothing. It was all apathy in the blue skies. No clouds, no signs of anything; it was all blue. I kind of liked it that way, but some part of me yearned to feel the feeling that everyone claimed to be so wonderful. Back then, I didn’t believe in love. I guess I still don’t now, but it’s different.

I met the perfect man. He wrote me a song called “Cloudless Day.” Unfortunately, our end can’t be said of anything. It wasn’t happy, it wasn’t sad; I don’t think I even know how it ended. If it ever ended, it would be like that song. It’s an unfinished story. It’s still on going.

I still don’t believe in love.

Chapter 1
The small yellow flower from the story was wandering since the day she was born.

“It’s a girl!” the nurses yelled through the doors of the Hospital of Shanghai. With that said, cheers came from all over the hospital ward. “Ah… since your dad’s in America, you poor little girl, I’ll give you this,” the doctor placed a yellow jewel flower in the baby’s hand.

Eight years later…

“Lei Ling,” the teacher called in Sunday school. “Ah! I’m here!” Lei said. Turning around, she growled to the boy sitting across the table, “Stop kicking me! What do you want you stupid kid!” “Lei Ling! This is church. Please watch your mouth.” The teacher strictly spoke. Frustrated, Lei glared at the boy, who in turn smirked at her. Throughout the whole class, the boy kicked her; this conflict did not continue in that one class, but also throughout the rest of the year.

July 8, 1996. I could never forget that day.

After Sunday school that day, the boy stood outside the waiting. Casually leaning against the tree outside the small Church, he watched everyone leave from Sunday’s ceremony. That day, he overslept and could not make it in time for Sunday school. The last one out of the door was Lei Ling.
“Lei Ling!” he cried, “I’ve been waiting for you!”
Glaring at him, she responded coolly, “What do you want? I don’t even know you. I thought today I would have some peace, no more kicking, but you’re still here. Must I see you every Sunday?!”
“Aww.. Lei Lei, you surely don’t mean that, now do you?” he grinned and took her hand in his. “You don’t know who I am? We’ve been in the same class every Sunday for a year and you still don’t know who I am? Well, I’m Zhou Jie Lun.”
Still angry, Lei continued walking home.
“Wait! I’ll walk you home Lei Lei!” Jie Lun yelled, following after her footsteps.

She started running home, and he chased after. It was quite a site for passerbies: two young kids chasing after each other, one in a white blouse and navy-blue skirt, and one in a baggy style. While they ran, the girl’s left leather shoe fell off. The shoe was never to be returned for quite awhile.

Lei Ling never thought to pick up her shoe. Jie Lun never returned it, not even after Lei moved that winter.

Four years later, she enrolled in a private all-girls boarding school; Jie Lun attended a public school across the street of the private institution. The day that Lei moved into the dorms, all eyes were on her. No one cared about who she really was; they just knew that she was the one of the wealthiest girl in the whole nation. The boys in Jie’s school all wanted to court her. To them, she was a ticket to free dates, free cars, free everything, but to Jie…

A boy dug a memory from four years past. As his chauffeur pulled up to Lei’s school, the girls were all in awe. He was the most shuaiest and handsomest boy. Even more, he pulled up for Lei and handed her a box.
“Eh, who are you? What’s in this box?” Lei queried.
Winking, he replied: “Open it.” With a wave, he left. The girls were in trance even more.
“Ahh! Open it!” the girls all squealed, “He’s so diao! What finess that irradiated from that guy!”
Only one girl was unimpressed. “Hmph! His eyes, so chinky, how can anyone think that guy is handsome?” A-Yue grunted.
That night, when Lei opened the box, memories overflooded her heart.
“It’s him.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home